The draft of the state budget 2021 has been prepared and the first reading will be held in parliament from October 6 – 20.
The bill will then be returned to the government with remarks and recommendations of the parliament.
State budget expenses will increase by 1.14 billion GEL and will amount to 17.07 billion GEL.
As of now, expenses related to Covid-19 are not reflected in the state budget, but they will be considered in the final version of the budget.
The budget will be distributed amongst ministries as follows:
- The Ministry of IDPs from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs – 4.85 billion GEL
- The Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure – 2.42 billion GEL
- The Ministry of Education, Science, culture and sport – 1.73 billion GEL
- The Ministry of Defense – 900 million GEL
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs – 790 million GEL
- The Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development – 356.5 million GEL
- The Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture – 415.8 million GEL
- The Ministry of Justice – 251 million GEL
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 156 million GEL
- The Ministry of Finance – 81 million GEL
The budget for 2021 has been put together with expectations that revenue from tax will come out to 12.2 billion GEL.
The growth of the Georgian economy in 2021 is projected at 5 per cent.