Average monthly nominal earnings in Georgia increased by 177.9 GEL (15.5%) in the second quarter of 2021 compared to the same quarter of the previous year and amounted to 1,328 GEL (about $428.39/€362.20), reports the National Statistics Office of Georgia (Geostat).
The highest monthly earnings were observed in the following fields:
- Financial and insurance activities – 2,354.7 GEL (+15.4% y/y)
- Information and communication – 2,173 GEL (+12.4%)
- Construction – 2,006.1 GEL (+23.7%)
- Professional, scientific and technical activities – 1,919.5 GEL (+7.4%)
The average earnings for women reached 1,077.8 GEL (about $347.68/€293.96), while men earned 1,560 GEL (about $503.23/€425.47) per month.
The annual growth of earnings for women amounted to 153.6 GEL, and 207.6 GEL for men.
In the majority of sectors of the economy the average monthly earnings of men were higher compared to women”, said Geostat.
The average monthly earnings of hired employees in the business sector increased by 214 GEL and equalled to 1,389.6 GEL.
The highest monthly earnings were observed in:
- Information and communication activities – 2,209.4 GEL (+12%)
- Professional, scientific and technical activities – 2,177.4 GEL (+6.5%)
The average monthly earnings of employees in the non-business and financial sector increased by 117.8 GEL and amounted to 1,226.6 GEL. The highest monthly earnings were observed in the financial and insurance activities.